Pitman Photography

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March Madness

This blog is going to be all over the place! My husband suggested I blog once a month about new things I want and think I need (I must talk a lot about new gadgets and such), a crafty muse, or just anything I'm enjoying.

Want
I LOVE cake stands. Every time I see a new one at Target, Crate and Barrel, or online I just want to buy it and bake a cake. A lot of times I'll use them for something other then cakes. Right now I have a bunch of oranges sitting on one, and seeing it everyday makes me love cake stands even more.

I have had my eye on this one at Crate and Barrel for awhile:



Things I Love That I Already Have
Kitchen gadgets are my favorite. Now, if you are an Alton Brown fan you would know that he says most uni-tasking gadgets are silly and a waste of money. But I'm pretty sure Alton would approve of this fun little gift I got from my hubby. Who doesn't love mini-pies? They are so easy and yummy.





Williams Sonoma

For Valentine's Day I got this cute little apron that I love and wear only when I bake!



Muse
My muse this month (and probably for many more to come) has been Martha Stewart. Her website has so many crafts that I want to try and I have about 50 of them bookmarked already.

I am excited to make this bag:



And these cards I might try for Easter:



Enjoyment
Another favorite thing I love to do is read. I usually read about 3 or 4 books a month. I am currently reading this:



and this:



I could easily turn this blog into a place to review books because I am so passionate about reading, so I will be brief. Jodi Picoult makes me cry and Wallace Stegner is brilliant.

Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. Oh and PS. This blog is amazing. You get added to my prestigious blog-stalk list. Who's on the blog-stalk list? Only Tony Hoffer, Graeme Pitman, David Jackson and many famous politicians.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pies are the cutest things I've ever seen. Also, I don't remember if Dubuque has Marshall's or not but you can find some really pretty cake stands there and they are usually quite inexpensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ryan! I feel honored:)

    We don't have a Marshall's Pam, but I will have to check it out next time we are in Mazo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashlee...I am a cake stand fanatic as well. I love anything that has a pedestal. I have made a few like your friend talked about. There is a special craft glue that you use (you can get it at Wal-Mart) A cake stand makes anything look pretty! I recently acquired 2 cupcake stands that are the cutest things ever. I got them at Willow in Dubuque...have you ever been ther? If not.....GO! Go now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where is Willow?? I don't think I've even heard of it. OH...is it downtown on Bluff Street??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashlee- I saw that bag yesterday while browsing the Martha Stewart website, and LOVED IT! You will definitely have to post about it if/when you make your own!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suhweet! Love the blog, Ashlee.

    And love that you're reading Stegner. One of the best American writers. Ever. Period. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ashlee, I work at Williams Sonoma part time and also love the apple mold. I have just about everything we sell (after working there 6 years). Sherry aka www.rosemaryandthegoat.com

    ReplyDelete