Before I do though, there are a few things you need to know:
- Simple Sewing is wonderful. Lotta Jansdotter did an amazing job at detailing the instructions and providing all the patterns you need.
- I found this pattern to be pretty easy for only making a handful of quilts and a few other sewing projects.
- Always pre-wash your fabric. This step is so important because it will stop shrinking and shifting the first time you wash your finished product.
- Tip: Make it a habit when you come home from buying new fabric to pre-wash it right away. If it's cotton, then leave it a little damp before ironing it. This makes it easier to iron out the wrinkles.
Enough with the words, here are some photos!
1. cut out all the pattern pieces and pin them to your fabric -
2. cut out your fabric -
3. sew the pieces together and fill the top with fiberfill and the bottom with rice to get the cutest monster bookends! (felt is used for the not-so-scary eyes & mouth) -