Pitman Photography

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Spring Cookies

My very favorite food blog posted the cutest cookies that I made a few weeks ago in honor of spring and the warm weather coming our way!

Original recipe from Our Best Bites:

1 recipe sugar cookie dough
Jam, any flavor (I used a mix berry jam)
4 oz. cream cheese
1/2 tsp. almond extract


Roll the sugar cookie dough between two pieces of plastic wrap and stick it in the fridge to harden. The cookies are much easier to cut out this way and they keep their shape. I used a flower cookie cutter in keeping with the season of spring.

Each cookie is like a sandwich. Cut out two shapes per one cookie and spread half out on a cookie sheet. Cut out a circle or a smaller similar shape out of the rest of the cookies. These will go on top.

Mix together the cream cheese and almond extract. Spread over each whole cookie.



Top with the remaining cookies.



Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 8-12 minutes. Make sure to take them out just as they are starting to brown. I had some cookies that were crispy and some that were soft and chewy - the soft cookies were definitely the favorite!

Once cooled, spread a little jam in the center and eat eat eat! My hubby had about 10...I think that says something!










2 comments:

  1. Is this a subtle form of torture that you put me through? Man, those look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those look so yummy and cute!

    ReplyDelete